La Guerrerense’s Sabina Bandera developed this recipe in Ensenada, Mexico where she has maintained her famous seafood stall for over 40 years. Baja California is the only part of Mexico that grinds fish and seafood ground and doesn’t serve it in small cubes. La Guerrerense follows this regional culinary tradition in her pulpo recipe. — Editors’ Note
- 1 kg of ground octopus (previously cooked)
- 1 kg of white onion
- ½ kg red tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 250 g of Mexican lemon
- 1 kg avocado
- 20 corn tostadas
- Black pepper
Makes 20 tostadas
- Cut the onion and tomatoes into small cubes and cut the cilantro into small pieces. Squeeze the lemons and put the juice in a container.
- In a bowl, combine the ground octopus, onion, and tomato mix. Add the cilantro and 200 ml of lemon juice.
- Add the salt and black pepper to your taste and then put the ceviche and pulpo on top of the tostada and add avocado.