Chef Rey Guerrero has become something of an ambassador of the cuisine of Colombia’s Pacific coast in Bogota with his restaurant Rey Guerrero Pescaderia Gourmet and his recent appearance on La Prueba, a cooking competition on Colombian TV. Arroz Tumbacatre is a sort of Arroz con Mariscos (seafood rice) hailing from the region. – Editor’s Note
- 30 prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 black clams
- 2 green mussels
- 2 clams in shell
- 100 grams of shrimp
- 300 grams of rice
- 50 grams of peas
- 50 grams of carrot brunoise
- 7 grams of julienned white onion
- 7 grams julienned peppers
- 2 grams of finely chopped chives
- 1 pinch of aji africano or aji casero
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 splashes of white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Add the seafood to boiling water with oil, add salt and pepper.
- Add the rice, vegetables, a pinch of aji Africano, soy sauce, tomato paste and then mix.
- When the pot is nearly dry add the white wine, cover and allow to dry.
- Lastly add the chives and stir.